Monday, June 8, 2009

Tickled Pink


There are a lot of things you learn from doing things once. After the first time through, you have a better idea about what tools make things easier, what NOT to do, and where to go when you need more help.
Thanks to Jake, Nanny Nette and Paw Paw now have this grandparenting thing down pat. They have even learned to color coordinate their clothing to celebrate special events.
The birth of Claire Elizabeth is definitely one of those very special events worth celebrating!
One of the things about having a great camera is that I get to take fantastic pictures of everything that happens in my life. Unfortunately, what that means for me as the photographer, is that I don't end up in many of the photos. I did manage to pass along the camera to Andi (very nice of me, huh), so that I could get into a couple of them. Here is one of my favorites. You can tell that the Harpers are "tickled pink" to have a new baby to love.

Claire Elizabeth Brown was named partially for our friend Elizabeth Lambert who died several months after Andrea and Jason got married. I know that if there is any part of Bissie in Claire...it's probably her already excellent napping ability.

Claire wanted me to tell you all that she cannot wait to meet you. She already likes to play dress up. Notice her boxing gloves. This little girl will knock you out!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh, the Lamberts and their sleep... I think it's a beautiful name, borrowed from a beautiful person, for a beautiful person.