Friday, February 20, 2009

Aunt Fabulous

Not everyone knows the story behind my becoming "Aunt Fabby," although there is worldwide speculation and have been numerous tabloid rumors. To set the record straight, I need to introduce a few other important characters into the story. Alyson and Matt are the parents of two boys, Sawyer and Brighton. These boys have tried to teach me everything they know in order to help me become a fabulous aunt. Their jobs are far from complete, but I feel pretty confident that they have the expertise to teach me all about how to love little ones.
For Christmas, Santa and Mrs. Claus brought me a new camera. Sawyer and Brighton each wanted a turn taking pictures. I think they did a pretty good job.

The week before Sawyer was born, a little over six years ago, I spent some time with Matt and Alyson. At the time, my overused expression was, "That's Fabulous!" Matt made fun saying that since it was in the last days of Sawyer's development in the womb, he might just come out saying that everything is "Fabulous." Matt went so far as to say that Sawyer might just come out calling me "Aunt Fabulous." We played around with some other silly manifestations of fabulous: Aunt Fab, Aunt Fabu, and it stuck as Aunt Fabby. That is what Matt and Alyson taught Sawyer to call me. Sawyer taught Brighton. And when Andi was pregnant with Jake, she and Jason talked to him about how much Aunt Fabby would love him. So, now I'm a Fabulous Aunt to little boys....what am I ever going to do with a little girl???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love her just like you love your boys!! Girls are so much fun to love on and dress up!! Congrats Aunt Fabby... and if you need some neice practice... come to CHARLESTON!!!!

Much love, Jenn